February 22, 2014

Embed Soaps Challenge

The summer here in Sydney, close to beaches is just gorgeous. I can't get enough of it.
The sea, the sky, the sun, the moon and all of them above always amaze me.

This is the reason I've got inspiration of mother nature again for this new challenge.
The theme is embed CP soap. In this case we need to make embeds, and later need to (em)bed in  some different batch of soap.

Making embeds

I'm a lazy girl. Oops! Did I use the wrong word?
I just wanted to be productive, making more soap, cleaning up less. :)  Or I can say to combine the pleasant with the useful.

That's why I made a bigger batch to be enough for all my project.

Ready for embeds
Ready for embeds


Here are the pictures, inspired me...

Unfortunately my printer is almost out of ink

I need to use many different colors, so made an other soap which can swallow leftover colors.

Making space for leftover soap
Making space for leftover


Embeds are ready to go...

Soap embeds
I'm not really happy with their colors.


Making it bigger...


First I've made "sunrise-sunset" with a slow motion batch, using six different colors. Unfortunately not many of them show up in the final product.

sunrise-sunset
Sunrise - Sunset






The fragrance I used is Cool Water type, combined with a bit of The Perfect Man type.
Unmolded  soap:

Unmolded soap
Unmolded soap

The result is here:

Sunrise and sunset
Soapy Sunrise and Sunset


The next one is "Sunset-Moonrise". The nature is producing many beautiful wonder.

Sunset - Moonrise
Sunset - Moonrise
My dream did not come true...

Sunset - Moonrise
Sunset - Moonrise

The bigger cylinder actually made of two but these two different yellow just didn't show up. As I'm mostly use plants' colors for soap making, not familiar with different oxides and mikas.


Finally using leftovers

 

Using leftover soap
Using leftover soap
and the result

Polka dots
Polka dots

All together

Soaps with embeds
Soaps with embeds

Thanks to Amy hosting this soap challenge again.

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty...all of them. You really nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! All of your soaps turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspired!! Great job combining the soap efforts!! They all turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of thought went into these - beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sunset and moonrise soap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks to all of you for your kind words. Those encourage me to learn more.

    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous soaps!

    Victoria
    http://maitribathbody.com

    ReplyDelete